Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God is faithful

Facilitating a discipleship house can be exasperating on the best of days. Not only do I look after our D-house at Jericho Road but fill and over see our transition houses, interviews, one on ones, manage interns and daily problem solving around our ministry. Please don't feel sorry for me, for God has blessed me with a 'disability' called a.d.h.d........ I find it easy to do a lot of things at once, all day long!!!!

Where I have a hard time is when I am attacked by the people that seem to be on our side.....you know, the side that wants to see addicts recover and come to know Christ. At the beginning of last month we only had 2 beds filled at the D-house and some other opening at some of the houses, which is a financial burden on the ministry. Some of the attacks sounded like this: 'It's because of your strict rules, like no smoking', 'you don't understand jail guys', 'you don't help guys effectively' and 'obviously God's not in this 'cause you got no guys in the house'. Just to mention a few, you get the point. So in my head goes the battle of questions. Should we close up the d-house? Should I make this house more user-friendly? Should we compromise our beliefs on smoking? Am I just getting in God's way?

Rant over. A couple of week ago I sat down with the director and brainstormed how we could fill our beds. The first idea I had was pray. Let's pray. These are God houses, he knows what he is doing. I learned that in Sunday school. The answer was always Jesus and a close second was pray!!! Next was an idea to design an information package of what we do and have to offer along with flyers of the D-house and our Transition houses that we could give to drop in's, detox, shelters and churches. Great ideas and we got underway creating and designing.

Yesterday our info pack and flyers were finally done and look great!!!!! (Thanks Vikki)

In the mean time God was busy. As of yesterday all our homes are full and I have a waiting list of 4 men to get into the Transition houses. The D-house is full - of 'jail' guys except for one of them. Two of them have come by plane! One from Labrador and the newest one this weekend from St. John's!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is Faithful. The enemy will always attack, tear down and discredit. My encouragement is to pray and yes be proactive. What I am learning is to trust God. He does know what he is doing and to stay in the boat where he is. I must be patient as I walk with Him. I must not swerve to the right or to the left. Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a terrific testimony to prayer and your faithfulness to follow His ways without turning to the right or left!! AMEN!

This is awesome news!! We're praying with you and believe in all the Lord is doing, and has called you into!

John and Linda