Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Together

Sad but exciting morning. Almost 2 years ago my spiritual mentor, Doug was in my office and saw an email from One Way Ministries inviting me to a new group that was starting out. He was excited and told me that I had to go to check it out as he had just finished it. My wife and I went for the information session where they let us know that this was an 18-month commitment to journey with 10 other couples.

Wow, I can barely figure out what we are eating for supper before we leave the house in the morning let alone making an 18-month commitment!!!

Vikki and I looked at our schedules and talked to our bosses and everything worked out so that we could sign up for this group called Together. After an interview with the leaders of it, where, I guess we were deemed sane enough to begin this journey we were invited to join. Our first 3 day outing was a trip to Mont Treamblant. Not so bad, we thought, until we found out that we had to give a short testimony in front of the group. I asked Vikki "How the heck did we get in this group?! Its all pastors and their wives. I bet I'm the only drug addict!!!"

Thus began the 18-month journey. What an amazing journey it has been! Basically learning to build relationships as leaders and being discipled as a couple in all areas of our lives, from how we relate to each other (Life Languages), health & fitness, finances, conflict resolution tools and emotional health.

I feel I have gained 20 close friends and have been given some great tools for my marriage and life in general.

We will leave shortly for Chateau Montebello!!!!!! for our last 3 day adventure. I am so greatful for the oppertunity this group has given me and my family.

No comments: